Friday, February 11, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie

This is my first time making a chicken pot pie. We have to do grocery this weekend so I wanted to finish all the veggies and meats in the fridge. Luckily, I still had 1 pack of chicken and frozen veggies. This is really easy to do. At least, I was doing it the easy way with the help of frozen pie crust and a can of creamy chicken. :)


Ingredients:
1 can of creamy chicken
2/3 cup of milk
celery
salt
pepper
poultry seasoning
1/2 bag of frozen veggies
1 pack of chicken thigh (about 6 small thighs)
1 cup of chicken broth
1 package of frozen pie crust

Directions:
  • I always boil my chicken so it's easier to cut the meat into small sizes. Boil the chicken until it's cooked. Add a bit of saltSave the broth.
  • Cut the celery into small cubes. Boil with the chicken.
  • In the meantime, thaw the pie crust. Wash the veggies and thaw it.
  • Once the chicken and celery is cooked, cut the chicken into small sizes. Set it aside in different bowl. Save 1 cup of the broth for later use.
  • Stir fry the veggies with a bit of olive oil until it is half cooked. Add in the chicken and celery.
  • Add 1 can of cream of chicken, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and milk. Pour the chicken broth that we saved last time.
  • Stir until its evenly mixed.
  • Once everything is cooked, let it sit for about 50 minutes to let it cool.
  • Put the pie crust on the pie pan (if you have one). I don't have pie pan so I use the pyrex bowl that I used for my steamed egg.
  • Make sure the chicken and veggies are in room temperature, otherwise, it will tear the pie crust.
  • Fill the pie and seal with top pie crust. Cut 4 slits on the top crust.
  • Optional: sprinkle with cheddar cheese before seal with top crust. I did it and it was yummy.
  • Bake in 425 F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. I let mine sit too long in the oven (lesson learned: don't play video games while baking something). My crust is slightly burn but I saved it right on time. No bitter taste...horrayyy!!
  • :)))

1 comment: